Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Little Kid Faith

I remember being very small & sitting on my bed one night, telling God that I'd believe in Him if He healed the cut on my finger.

In a way, that's the dumbest thing ever.

& yet, yes, He did create my body to heal. I want to hold on to that part of me that sees Him in the details of what He has created.

-------

I remember being pretty small & spending an entire day telling God how much I wanted to not be sick, so I could go to the Amy Grant concert that I just knew would be the highlight of my life thus far. I even took my medicine without complaining, & drank as much water as I could, to help Him out.

He didn't heal me that time, but I believed in Him anyway, because I remembered how much else He had done for me. I want to hold on to the part of me that remembers what He has done.

-------

I remember my first year as a teenager, secure in the knowledge that God loves me, but somehow not expecting Him to like me. He was my Healer, my Comforter, my Savior, even my Daddy-- but I didn't know that He had plans for me to be happy. It took some real-world events to make me see the "abundant life", "desires of your heart", "your joy may be complete" sort of verses as applying to me. I'm still trying to be the kind of person who knows that His will, though not always easy, does involve me having joy.



-Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment